A History of Hometown Brokers You Can Depend On!
Mr. Charlie Langston and his friend, Ed Leatherbury started The Real Estate Center in 1972. They offered a full service office in real estate and insurances services. Then in 1975, this company divided into two separate companies and that is when Mr. Charlie opened Charlie Langston Realty, on 311 Washington Street. His business was located in one of the town’s popular landmarks, “The Big Yellow House”. He and his staff continued to operate a very successful real estate office until 1992 when the Big Yellow House was sold and moved off the lot to build the fast food restaurant, Wendy’s. Mr. Charlie then moved to its present location at 101 Courthouse Square.
A Strong Legacy
In June 2006, Mr. Charlie sold Langston Realty to Jackie Ray, a Broker who had worked for him for over 4 years. She has continued to do business the way her Mentor, Mr. Charlie, did by putting the customer FIRST…by offering the very best in customer service for both the buyer and the seller which starts with trust, honesty, caring, educating listening and much more. He also instilled in her the importance of taking care of her work family and by giving back to the community any way she could.
And so, the tradition of strong community values and hometown customer service continues as Jackie Ray-Pierce welcomes seven new agents into the J. Ray Realty family. These fine agents are all top of their game in the Real Estate world and have strong deep roots planted in Columbus County. With the joining of these two agencies under one roof, J. Ray Realty will be the Real Estate powerhouse, serving North and South Carolina.
A Strong Community
J Ray Realty is only as strong as the communities
we serve, so we give back as much as we can.
- Columbus Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Discover Columbus First
- Whiteville Touchdown Club-Corporate Sponsor and Board Member
- Whiteville Athletic Association
- Boys & Major Dixie Youth Baseball-NC State Championship
- Columbus County Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Optimist Soccer-Columbus County Parks & Rec.
- Post 137 Baseball Organization
- Families First, Inc.
- Whiteville City Schools/PTA
- Women of Worth Conference
- Western Prong Baptist Church
- Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Take the Lake
- Crossroads Women & Family Center
- Viking Club
- N.C. Boys and Girls Home
- Saving Sons
- Relay of Life-Columbus County
- Whiteville Juniorettes
- Whiteville Howl Athletics
- NC Pecan Harvest Festival